If you don’t know, my name is Josh Spencer and I’ve been a Beachbody Coach for the past 5 years, and an Elite Beachbody Coach for the past 3 years. I got into the Beachbody Business a few months after my first round of P90X solely for the reason of helping others achieve the results that I did! I developed a passion for health and fitness, and I have always been passionate about helping others, all going back to my involvement in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization back in high school, so becoming a Beachbody Coach made sense to me. Shortly after, I formed my team, Team Next Level, and I guess the rest is history! I became a full time Beachbody Coach in 2010, won the Top Beachbody Coach award in the same year, was a Top 10 Beachbody Coach in 2011, and an Elite Coach in 2012. Crazy enough, we have kept the Top Beachbody Coach belt within Team Next Level for the past 3 years!
What does it mean to be an Elite Coach? What it all comes down to is that I’ve been able to help a LOT of people over the years with both the fitness and business. My responsibility as a coach is to help as many people as possible get healthy by recommending Beachbody products that I have used and have worked for me (make me your coach), and to be a leader and help other Beachbody coaches on my team do the same. Being an Elite Beachbody Coach means that I have done that very well! I have helped thousands of people make a positive change in their life since I started coaching back in 2008, and honestly, there isn’t too much that is better than that. When I wake up in the morning, I’m excited to get to work (even though it doesn’t feel like work) because I know that I’m going to have a positive impact on more people’s lives that day. How many people can say they are excited to go to work every day? Not many. The greatest feeling, though, is when I get an email or message from someone letting me know that without my help, they aren’t sure where they would be today, and they thank me for having the confidence in them that they can change.
Top Beachbody Coach Tips
- Passion. You have to be passionate about helping others! If not, forget about becoming successful, let alone an Elite Beachbody Coach.
- Recommend, not sell. If you’re not a “product of the product,” meaning you have used Beachbody products and gotten results with them, then you will be selling the products instead of recommending them. I recommend Shakeology because it’s something that I have been taking every day for the past 3 years that has WORKED for me, so I’m confident it will work for others as well. Make sense?
- Find a mentor. If you’re already a Beachbody Coach, hopefully you signed up with a successful Beachbody Coach or one with a successful upline. If you’re not yet a Coach, though, MAKE SURE you sign up with a Coach that has had a lot of success! If you don’t have a mentor to teach you the Beachbody Business, it could take a lot longer for you to find success.
- Create concrete goals! I have a goal board that I write all my goals on. Make sure you write your short term, medium term, and long term goals down, and put them somewhere you will see them every day.
- Stay organized. Read “Eat That Frog” by Brian Tracy.
- Treat the business like a business. If you work extremely hard day in and day out and treat this as you are starting a brand new business (which you are), then in time you can become an Elite Beachbody Coach.
- Patience. Success takes time! With fitness, you can’t work out and eat healthy today and expect to wake up the next day 100 lbs lighter, right? No, it takes hard work and commitment to the workouts and diet day in and day out, and over a long period of time you will reach your goals. The Beachbody Business is the same way. If you are doing the RIGHT things daily, over time you can become an Elite Coach.
- Ability to overcome obstacles. You will struggle, and how you handle those rough times depends on how successful you will become. Instead of getting frustrated by obstacles, accept them, make adjustments, and continue moving forward.
- Ability to step outside your comfort zone. If you don’t do things that aren’t comfortable, then you’re not moving forward. Pushing yourself outside your comfort zone DAILY!
- Be a leader. You have to be a leader to the coaches on your team. Read leadership books, study those who are great leaders, and improve your leadership skills every day.
- Stay positive. Everything that you do should be positive. Remember, people want to be around and follow people who makes them feel good! If you’re being negative, you’re going to have a hard time getting people to follow you.
As an Elite Beachbody Coach for the past 3 years, I hope you have found my tips helpful. If you’re not a Coach yet and want to become a Beachbody Coach, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, in order to be successful in anything, you have to have a PASSION for it!