Ah yes, something that many people struggle with, how to find motivation to work out. I’m going to be honest here, and it’s something that I used to struggle with back in the day, especially right before I began my P90X journey, but over the past 5 years I have discovered some secrets that have kept me motivated to work out on a daily basis, and I’m going to share those secrets with you now.
(1) Accountability partner, or in my case, a Beachbody Coach. When I began my P90X journey back in March of 2008, I knew that if I was going to commit myself every single day to the workouts and the diet that I would need someone there to hold me accountable. Thankfully I was assigned to a random coach named Barbie, who was in contact with me daily, answering my questions, holding me accountable, and it gave me all the motivation to work out that I needed. Whenever I struggled, she was there to pick me right back up, encouraging me, telling me that I could do it. Find yourself an accountability partner when working out, and it will help tremendously if you need motivation to work out. (Make me your Beachbody Coach!)
(2) Create goals for yourself. What you need to do is go to Wal-Mart, purchase a white dry erase board, write down your fitness goals on it, and hang it somewhere you will see it every single day. When you can actually see your goals every day, it’s helps you to stay focused on what you need to do to achieve them. Whenever I lacked motivation to work out, all I had to do was look up at my goals hanging on my living room wall, and that was enough right there to work out and eat healthy that day.
(3) Take progress pictures. Many people don’t understand that it’s very tough to see changes happen in your body because you see yourself every single day. If you take progress pictures every 30 days, though, and compare them to your Day 1 pictures, you will be able to notice the difference. Once you see real physical changes in your body from the progress pictures, it gives you even more motivation to work out because you want to continue on that path. Plus, who wants their progress pictures to look worst than the last?
(4) Plan a beach vacation. Yeah, I said it, plan a trip that REQUIRES you to wear a bathing suit! Why? Because you’re going to bust your rear every single day so you’re not embarrassed walking around in your bathing suit in public. This is something that I have done MANY TIMES, and it’s helped tremendously when I was looking for ways on how to get motivated to work out.
(5) Take a pre-workout supplement. A lot of people struggle with the energy to workout, so something that I have always done is take a pre-workout supplement, which gives me the boost I need to get through a workout. Plus, if I don’t feel like working out, I will force myself to walk into the kitchen and take a pre-workout supplement like E&E because I know I won’t waste it. That seems to do the trick when I don’t have motivation to work out!
If you struggle with finding motivation to work out, hopefully you will find those motivation tips above helpful. If you have any questions or need help with anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My name is Josh Spencer and I'm a husband, father, online fitness Coach (since 2008), soon to be author, and holistic healing advocate. Since 2008 I've helped thousands and thousands of people make a change in their health! I believe that in order to make incredible changes you have to have the right mindset, nutrition, and workout plan.